|Ingredients and Equipment|
|Stand Mixer (hand mixer also works – don’t forget a mixing bowl)|
|2 cups flour|
|1/2 cup cold, chopped unsalted butter|
|1 cup milk|
|1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|2-3 ounces grated cheddar cheese|
|1 1/8 tablespoon baking powder|
|1 1/4 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In the mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking powder, and garlic powder.
- Chop the butter in to small pieces and add to bowl.
- While mixing on low, stream in milk.
- Turn up to medium until a dough forms.
- Tear off pieces and lightly gather to an even shape.
- Depending on size, bake for 10-15 minutes. Check doneness with toothpick. For reference, my biscuits took about 15 minutes. I made them kinda big.
- As soon as they are cool enough to touch, place them on a cooling rack or plate to cool.
These delicious biscuits are my copycat attempt at Red Lobster’s cheese biscuits. They are egg-less which worked out really well. They turned out light and fluffy. They were fantastic by themselves, a bit of butter, or strawberry jam. Oooooor you can make sausage gravy. The cheese and garlic paired so well with the sausage gravy I let out an audible “ohhhhhh mmmmmmmmm.”